Tuesday, March 15, 2011

For Him, For Her, For House

I must admit, Monday was an incredibly lazy day.  I just looked at lots of fabulous crafty blogs, getting ideas and just enjoying the blog eyecandy.  But Tuesday, I got crackin'.   For Him:  I finally made my husbands birthday present (it was almost a month ago).  I used this great tutorial from Smashed Peas and Carrots.




He didn't want anything obvious or flashy.  I had a hard time picking out fabric because the ones I thought were good were to "loud" for him.  So we went with a plain 'ol blue.  Don't get me wrong.  I like blue.  My house "theme" colors are blue and green.  But it was so plain.  So I put some polka dots in the lining and as the handle. 

For Her:  I decided to finally make myself a coffee cozy. 



I used a tutorial from House on Hill Road.
The fabric is Owl Little Owls by Alice Kennedy for Timeless Treasures (I got it from fabric.com).

And For the House, I made a Springtime Wreath.


I used a round styrofoam form and hot glued moss all the way around it.  I couldn't find a natural looking nest with eggs, but I found a cute little basket nest with eggs in it, cut the handles off and hot glued it to the wreath.  I found a pretty bouquet from Michael's for cheap and cut the flowers off the stems and hot glued those around the nest and a few near the top.  I love my Birdy wreath hanger that I found at Pier 1, so no ribbon was necessary!

I'm linkin' for the first time.





The Owl

2 comments:

  1. You have something for everyone this week! Especially LOVE the wreath!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete