Friday, January 31, 2014

OWH Card Bowl 2014

Over at Operation Write Home, Sandy's started the Card Bowl 2014 which runs 3 challenges through the weekend.  Todays' challenge is to create a masculine card that somehow relates to the team that you're cheering for in the Super Bowl.  I'm a college football girl...I root for the SEC and I bleed Red and Black! I'm not a huge NFL fan except for the occasional cheer for the Falcons.  I honestly could give two flips about either of the teams in this years Bowl.  I have decided that I'd choose the Broncos over the Seahawks only because Knowshon Moreno and Champ Bailey are on the team.  And for those still not making a connection....those would be 2 incredible players from the University of (GO DAWGS) Georgia. Granted there is a UGA player on the Seahawks team, but their terrible colors dissuaded me.  
My first instinct was to do a beer mug, but since this card is for OWH, that wouldn't be allowed.  I figured Red and Black (in support of Moreno and Bailey) would be too much of a stretch.  So flipping through my stamps, I came across a Flopsey Fishing set that I won from Sandy.  I figured I could incorporate the Broncos team colors on Flopsey's hat.  As I was coloring, I realized these colors are just to close to those of several UGA rival teams.  I tried to diminish the full effects of the offensive blue/orange combo by dulling it down a bit.  I guess its less offensive.

Still continuing to finish up My Minds Eye Darling Dear paper and Adirondack Mushroom ink for distressing.  I used a distressing tool to to rough up the edges of all the papers. I also got the idea of cutting Flopsey from Googling images and found Nancy Thomas.

Go DAWGS!

Thanks for stopping by!  
The Owl

3 comments:

  1. No EGGaggerating here, wonderful card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, loved reading all the thought you put into your adorable big eared bunny card !

    ReplyDelete