Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Owly Tuesday

Welcome to the first installment of Owly Tuesday! Its been quite the busy week at the Center.  We've gotten a lot more baby birds in and with the severe weather and high winds this weekend the baby raptors are definately flood in.  We've also been planning our first Wild Baby Shower that will take place May 8th (the day before Mother's Day!).  We've got a cute game planned and I've got to work hard on sewing some things for it and possibly baking some Owl Cupcakes as well. 
I've got a few crafty things to share. 
First the Spring/Summer wreath I made.  Nothing fancy, and I'm hoping a bird couple might find it appealing as a bird nest site.


And I've been working on a project that I've been wanting to do for the longest time.  Its not fully complete, but I'll give you a sneak peak.



A few Owly finds at JoAnn and SUPER cheap ($1!!)
I bought about 6 of these.  I'm thinking 2-3 to keep to organize my crafty stuff and the rest I will save to use in the Craft and Bake sale we have in December.  I'm thinking Owly Cookies or Owly Ornaments.  And they've got a little label holder.

And I just loved these things when I was a kid.  I used to get those Lisa Frank ones all the time.  I thought these would be cute for either prizes for the Shower game or even used during our Creatures of the Night event in October.


Have a great week!

The Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment